- Gregory D. Hager, Carol E. Reiley, Balakrishnan Varadarajann, Sanjeev Khudanpur, Henry C. Lin, and Rajesh Kumar. Method and System for Quantifying Technical Skill. United States patent #C10692, International #PCT/US2010/028025 filed September 19, 2010.
- A. M. Okamura, L. N. Verner, C. E. Reiley, and M. Mahvash. “Haptics for Robot-Assisted Surgery”, International Symposium of Robotics Research, Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics, 405-416, 2007.
- B Varadarajan, C. E. Reiley, S. Khudanpur, and G. D. Hager. “Exploring Data-Driven Statistical Models for Computer Integrated Surgery”, Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (submitted).
- C. E. Reiley, H. C. Lin, D. D. Yuh, G. D. Hager. “A Review of Methods for Objective Surgical Skill Evaluation“, Surgical Endoscopy, 25(2):356-66, 2011. (impact factor 3.231).
- L. Su, B. P. Vagvolgyi, R. Agarwal, C. E. Reiley, R. H. Taylor, and G. D. Hager. “Augmented reality during robot-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: Toward real-time 3d-ct to stereoscopic video registration,” Journal of Urology, 73(4):896-900, 2009 (impact factor 3.952).
- B. Vagvolgyi, C. E. Reiley, G. Hager, R. Taylor, and L.M. Su. “Augmented Reality Using Registration of 3D Computed Tomography To Stereoscopic Video of Laparoscopic Renal Surgery,” Journal of Urology, 179(4):241-241, 2008 (Impact factor 3.952).
- C. E. Reiley, T. Akinbiyi, D. Burschka, A. M. Okamura, C. Hasser, D. Yuh, “Effects of Visual Force Feedback on Robot-Assisted Surgical Task Performance,” The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Vol. 135, Issue 1, pp.196-202, January 2007 (impact factor 3.037).
- C. E. Reiley, E. Plaku, G. D. Hager, C. C. G. Chen, “Motion Generation of Robotic Surgical Tasks: Learning From Expert Demonstrations,” Engineering in Medicine and Biology,2010 (oral).
- C. E. Reiley, G. D. Hager, “Decomposition of Robotic Surgical Tasks: An Analysis of Subtasks and Their Correlation to Skill,” MICCAI M2Cai workshop, 2009 (poster).
- B. Varadarajan, C. E. Reiley, H. C. Lin, S. Khudanpur, G. D. Hager, Data-Derived Models for Segmentation with Application to Surgical Assessment and Training, MICCAI, pages 426-434, 2009 (poster, acceptance rate 32%).
- C. E. Reiley, G. D. Hager, “Task versus Subtask Surgical Skill Evaluation of Robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery,” MICCAI, pages 435-442, 2009 (poster, acceptance rate 32%).
- C. E. Reiley, H. C. Lin, B. Varadarajan, B. Vagolgyi, S. Khudanpur, D. D. Yuh, and G. D. Hager, “Automatic Recognition of Surgical Motions Using Statistical Modeling for Capturing Variability”, Medicine Meets Virtual Reality, 132:396-401, 2008 (oral).
- T. Akinbiyi, C. E. Reiley, S. Saha, D. Burschka, C. J. Hasser, D. D. Yuh, and A. M. Okamura. “Dynamic Augmented Reality for Sensory Substitution in Robot-Assisted Surgical Systems,” 28th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2006, pp. 567-570 (oral, acceptance rate 25%).
- C. E. Reiley, G. D. Hager, C. C. G. Chen, “Skill Assessment for Robotic Surgery Using Statistical Models,” Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery 2010 (presentation).
- R. Agarwal, B. Vagvolgyi, C. E. Reiley, G. D. Hager, A.W. Levinson, L. Su, “Tumor registration of augmented reality overlay of a 3D CT to real time stereoscopic video during laparoscopic partial nephrectomy” World Robotic Urology Symposium, March 2008 (poster).
- B. Vagvolgyi, C. E. Reiley, G. D. Hager, A. W. Levinson, L. Su, “Toward Direct Registration of Video to Computed Tomography for Intraoperative Surgical Planning during Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy”, World Congress of Endourology, 2007 (poster).
- B. Vagvolgyi, C. E. Reiley, G. D. Hager, A. W. Levinson, L. Su, “Tumor Registration of Augmented Reality Overlay of a 3D CT to Real-time Stereoscopic Video During Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy”, American Urological Association, 2007 (oral, acceptance rate 27%).
- T. Gao, J. Ji, C. E. Reiley, B. Winters, L. Selavo, N. Whyms. “Advancing MET Through Intelligent Patient Monitoring”, 3rd Annual Medical Emergency Team/Rapid Response Team Conference, 2007 (poster).
- C. E. Reiley and A. M. Okamura. “Augmented Reality for Haptic Display in Robot-Assisted Surgical Systems”, SWE, Kansas City, MO, October 2006. (Best Poster Finalist)
- C. E. Reiley. “Dynamic Augmented Reality for Haptic Display in Robot-Assisted Surgical Systems”, CRA-W DMP Reunion at the 2004 Grace Hopper Conference, Chicago, IL: October 2004 (poster).
- C. E. Reiley. “Program Slicing for OpenMP Shared Memory Parallel Programs”, University of Delaware Undergraduate Summer Research Symposium, August 2003 (poster).
- T. Wedlick, C. E. Reiley, C. Ramey. “A Fair Game: A Low-Cost Easily Implemented Robotics Competition Leads to Diverse Entrants”, ASEE Mid-Atlantic Section Meeting, 2009 (oral).
- C. E. Reiley and G. D. Hager. “Using Robots to Train the Surgeons of Tomorrow” , IEEE Robotics & Automation blog, June 13, 2011.
- C. E. Reiley. “One on One Spotlight with the RAS President”, IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, pg 114, March 2009.
- C. E. Reiley. “The Future of Robotics”, IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, pg 19-22, March 2010.
- C. E. Reiley. “System Design and Implementation of Visual Force Feedback and Virtual Fixtures in RobotAssisted Surgical Systems: Evaluating Alternatives to Direct Force Feedback Using Augmented Reality”, 2007.
- C. E. Reiley. “Haptic Integration of IBM Manipulator”, 2004.
Invited Talks and Seminars:
- IEEE Robotics and Automation DC-NoVa chapter meeting, “ Skill Assessment for Robotic Surgery (Language of Surgery).” University of Maryland, College Park, MD. April 19, 2010.
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate Engineering Seminar, “Haptics and Vision in Surgical Robotics.” Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA. February 13, 2008.
- Robotics for JHU Alumni Event, “The Language of Surgery.” Liberty Science Center, Newark, NJ. February 10, 2008.
- Electrical Engineering Seminar, “Visual Force Feedback and Virtual Fixtures In Robot-Assisted Surgical Systems.” Oregon Health and Science University OGI School of Engineering and Science, Beaverton, OR. August 21, 2007.
- Computer Engineering Graduate Engineering Seminar, “Dynamic Augmented Reality in Robot-Assisted Surgical Systems.” Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA. May 26, 2005.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, 2007-2010 ($122,500 over 3 years).
- JHU Alumni Association Community Action Grant: Funded to buy robotic kits for low income high schools to participate in the JHU Robotics Systems Challenge, 2006-2007 & 2008-2009 ($2000).
- JHU Digital Media Center Creative Use of Technology Grant: “Input Devices for Developing Photo and Video Applications for Social Networks” ($500).
- SCU Dean’s Fund: Wrote proposal to win grant for senior design project, 2004 ($500).
- SCU Student Leadership Fund: Grant to fund senior design project, 2004 ($500).